I intentionally lowered my 2019 reading goal. My 2018 goal was 60, and I ended up reading 72. I knew that with a new baby coming in August there was no way I could set a similar goal, so I decided to go with 50. I’m honestly surprised – but very proud – that I accomplished it! I ended up reading 51 books in 2019.
It’s so much fun to look back on my year of reading! I read so many excellent books this year, but some definitely stood out more than others; here’s a look at my favourite reads from 2019:
- Greenwood by Michael Christie
- The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri
- The Whisper Man by Alex North
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Homes: A Refugee Story by Abu Bakr al Rabeeah & Winnie Yeung
- By Chance Alone by Max Eisen
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
- The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur
- The Enchanted Hour: The Miraculous Power of Reading Aloud in the Age of Distraction by Meghan Cox Gurdon
- Homo Deus: A History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari
I’d definitely recommend all of these books if you haven’t read them yet!
Did any of your faves make the list? What were some of your top reads of 2019?